Due to the Coronavirus pandemic here at Rochford Vets we would like to let out clients know that we are taking it seriously. We are taking the following steps, in line with the British Veterinary Association advice and Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons guidance, to ensure the safety of of our staff and clients. We will endevour to keep offering our usual standard of care during the coming months.
- If you are self isolating or showing signs of coronavirus and your animal needs to be seen please contact the surgery beforehand to let us know and arrange for someone else to bring them in. Please do not come in yourself. Depending on the problem a video or phone consult may be arranged.
- We will no longer be open for evening surgery, the practice will now close at 6pm.
- We will no longer be taking any new bookings for neutering, nail clips or grooming.
- Vaccinations that were due before 31st December 2020 are able to be booked in. Rabbit vaccines and rabies vaccines are also able to be booked in. Any vaccines due in January will be delayed until at least February, there is a period after they are due where they are still covered.
- We are only offering appointments at the practice for emergency or urgent cases. All other cases will be offered a phone or video consultation (charged) and can be dispensed medication in this way if needed.
- We are happy for an additional charge to post out repeat medications and food, this is to avoid any unnecessary trips to the surgery.
- Please only come to the surgery where absolutely necessary.
When visiting the surgery
- Owners are no longer permitted in the building.
- When you arrive please call reception to let us know you are here.
- We are asking to only have one owner present with each pet.
- Pets will be collected from the car and taken into the building to be examined. Where possible all contact with owners will be over the phone.
- We would ask for you to respect our staff and other clients by maintaining at least 2 meters distance where possible and wearing a mask.
- When paying please pay by card over the phone where possible.
These measures are to protect your health and the health of our staff.
Thank you for your continued support.
Last updated 07 January 2021